Life in Motion

Arbitrary Anthology

Monday, January 11, 2010

No soup for you!

Ok, I'll share if you want some.  And show up in time, since it's tasty enough not to last long.

Broccoli Cheese Soup in a bread bowl, ala Panera Bread.


I copped out and bought the boules, but next time I'll make my own. I decided to make these and didn't want to wait for the sourdough starter to grow, didn't want to cop out and use a pain regulaire (seriously, that's what the bread book calls it, not even the French book at that).

So this is probably the most challenging cream based soup, since it involves creating a roux.  It was lovely--thick and creamy, just a hint of color.  I was very pleased.  Next time...less nutmeg.  It tasted fine, and if you're using pre-ground nutmeg I'm willing to bet the quantity is fine, but with fresh ground...WOW! Strong nutmeg flavor.


And unrelated to the soup...Wow, not impressed with the pictures!  Not sure why the camera was unhappy with focusing, and I just did a crap job of framing up the shots.  Meh.  Here's Puck, with his 'meh' face on.

1 comment:

Ressa (ressamac on Twitter) said...

That looks so delish. Hi to Puck.