Life in Motion

Arbitrary Anthology

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quilt guild project

Quilt guild meeting last night.  :)  Technically my second, but the FIRST meeting as a dues-paying member.  The guild does project quilts--creating quilts to donate to charity organizations to auction off, or families in need.  Anyone can take a block and assemble it.

Hope I got it right.  The seams aren't perfectly lined...but considering it's the first block I've sewn in 2 years, I think I did ok!

Think the picture is upside down, those 2 darker ones should be on the bottom, but that's ok.  Definitely not colors I'd pick on my own.  The browns are nice, but I'm just not a fan of red.

Also saw some amazing quilts that the president brought in to show.  They belonged to a friend of hers, and were made in the 30's, 40's, and 50's.  Several tops, and a set of blocks that hadn't been sewn together.  Umbrellas were appliqued onto squares cut from old feedsacks!  Lovely colors, just amazing to think they've been sitting in her attic for half a century.






No comments: